Hello! Didn't think I'd make it this month, did ya? haha
I know...I barely squeaked by, but April isn't over yet!
I actually would have posted sooner, but I lost my camera USB cable last week and searched for days until I finally found it this morning. Whew!
Anyway, I've got plenty of pictures to share, so enjoy!
~
March: Ringing In Spring!
Behind this shabby old garage, in this quiet old neighborhood alley, the crisp spring air is often warmed by the sounds of dribbling basketballs, bouncing off backboards, swishing of nets, and the triumphant cheers of young boys welcoming spring in their own joyous way.
While the typical spring photos of "ringing in spring" may include
images of robins and tulips, and well-dressed and groomed children
smiling brightly while sitting on the fresh green grass beneath a
beautiful blossoming tree, these rugged images of dirty little boys playing
ball on an old slab of concrete are just as lovely to me because they
are just as joyous.
While football was the favorite sport for these boys a year ago, basketball has become their new hobby. As they've discovered hidden talent for the sport and worked to improve their skills, they've grown to love basketball and dream of becoming NBA stars!
Invincible Isaiah weaves between the older boys, managing to avoid injury, while often imitating their athletic feats.
And here flies their amazing mentor!
The most amazing basketball player they know!
Their HERO!
As dusk moves in and the setting sun is overtaken by a dull grey sky, the littlest one sits on the gravel ground to rest, enjoying the game from a distance....
...but not for long, before he's back to playing with rocks and sticks and all things that mean Spring to a little boys.
~
The End
~
April: Spring Break is Just the Beginning
On April 1st, the boys awoke. It was Spring Break, so they began to play. Trever noticed something strange on Nathan's face, "Go look in the mirror...you have a mustache!"
Nathan was shocked and confused, but didn't bother to mention to Trever that he, too, had been fooled with a mustache drawing of his own. Most of the brown-eyeliner-drawn-mustaches had been rubbed off by the time I took the picture, but it was a fun way to start the day.
Then I secretly packed their swimming gear while they played, unaware of my next big trick. "Alright boys, hop in the car, we're going to the post office!" But our overly long drive to the 'post office' ended at the public pool. April Fools! Hooray! The boys were SO surprised and excited.
As I carried Isaiah in my arms, we followed the boys around the 'lazy river,' laughing as I watched them excitedly out-swim each other, playing tag, getting split up and mixed between groups of giggling girls, bumping into old ladies, and then finding each other again. Their eyes twinkled with excitement and reminded me of my own childhood days at the pool.
Best April Fools Prank Ever.
~
The rest of Spring Break was filled with more fun: meeting Dad at work and joining him for lunch, playing at the park, visiting the library, going out for ice cream, playing lots of basketball (of course) and even going to the movies with Mom. Yes, that's right, just Mom. And three boys. I wasn't sure how that would turn out, since Isaiah is an expert walker now and always on the move. I made sure to sneak in plenty of treats and bought a large popcorn, but Isaiah still wanted to roam free. Luckily, there were only a dozen other movie goers that afternoon, so I surrendered and let him go. He would wander from aisle to aisle, staring up at strangers long enough for them to realize he was there, then running back to the security of my lap, only enjoying treats long enough to build up his courage and venture out on his own again. Thankfully, Trever and Nathan are old enough to stay in their seats for the whole show.
~
Easter 2014
Bright and Early at 6am, the boys awoke, eager as the 'energizer bunny,' ready to hunt for Easter eggs and find their baskets of treasures.
And treasures they found! They picked out new shoes weeks before and had been anxiously awaiting Easter morning to finally wear them.
Taking a quick inventory of their other prizes before putting on their new shoes.
And they fit perfectly!
Somehow, they even talked me into letting them wear their new shoes to church that Sunday.
Once Isaiah finally awoke, his big brothers were eager to help him unload his basket of prizes and share the exciting morning with him, as well.
Still waking up, Isaiah was pleasantly surprised by all of his Easter goodies.
Trever and Nathan had already made a clean sweep of all hidden Easter eggs, but were kind enough to re-hide them for Isaiah and let him have a turn hunting for eggs also.
As older brothers should, they watched over their little egg hunter, helping him all along the way.
Enjoying Easter with their baby brother is just one of the many wonderful moments that we love sharing with Trever and Nathan now.
~
After a wonderful morning spent at church on Easter Sunday, we returned home to enjoy a peaceful day together, BBQ-ing for lunch, dying eggs, and just enjoying each other's company.
~
The Lost Easter Package
Grandma Martin is always so sweet to send holiday packages to us. This one took a little longer to get here, though, since the delivery man left it on the wrong doorstep. We weren't sure where it was, so she called UPS and had to report everything in the package. Then they called me, inquiring about the mysteriously absent package. But, finally, our neighbors must have decided they ought to bring it over, so the boys received a fun after-Easter surprise.
Isn't he just scrumptious?!!
(A lady called him "scrumptious" the other day and the title has stuck with him.)
Trever and Nathan were SO excited to come home from school and find their surprises waiting for them!
Three happy silly sweet boys!
Thank you SO much Grandma & Grandpa Martin!
~
Now that our weeks left in CO are numbered, we've decided to make the most out of our remaining weekends left here. So this weekend, we drove up to Estes Park and spent the day strolling along the sidewalks of this charming mountain town.
The boys were captivated by a glass blowing demonstration.
Yes, I got my hair highlighted recently.
A $2.99 "Bacon Lollipop" that Trever couldn't live without. haha
Nathan had to get in on that treat....
...and so did Isaiah.
~
A few wild photos, although I believe the wildest creatures were the ones in our own car.
~
That was Saturday.
On Sunday, I tried to get a nice photo of our three little guys dressed in their Sunday best, since I didn't get a chance to take their picture on our busy Easter Sunday morning.
Well, this is as good as it got....
hahaha....we tried!
~
Anyway, April was a great month!
And it ended on a great note, too, because today is my wonderful, talented and ever-so lovely Grandma Plocher's birthday!
I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday today, Grandma!
We all love you so much and hope you have a very special day!
~
xoxo, Shilowe
No comments:
Post a Comment