Monday, June 3, 2013

A Very Special Day

June 1st was a very special day in the Martin family.
One that won't be forgotten.
The day began with Nathan's 6th Birthday!
He'd been counting down to his big day for weeks! 
And he couldn't resist standing up on the table and prolcaiming "I'm King of the Day!"
Continuing to say, "I get to do whatever I want today," as I was telling him to get down off the table. haha
And so it began... 
The excitement of opening presents got him to at least stand on his chair instead of the table. He was so excited about his gifts, and having his grandparents there to share his special day, and finally turning 6 yrs. old, and everything else that birthdays bring! 

He loved the card that Trever just HAD to get for him. haha
And he LOVED his "Lucky Charms" cereal that he had specially requested for the big day.
~
After a fun birthday breakfast,
we hurried to the ball park for Trever's 1st baseball game of the season! 
Isn't he such a handsome little athlete?!
Every season, he gets more excited to play the sports that he's played the year before and it's amazing how much his skills improve from one year to the next. He's definitely one of the best players on his team! 
I love this photo...TJ is the pitching to Trever.
TJ volunteered to coach his Team, along with another player's dad, this season.
Trever loves playing ball with his dad! 
Trever really gets into the game, now and takes it very seriously, while still having so much fun!
The name of their team is "The Underdogs," which Trever had suggested and everyone voted for. It think that name fits great, with all those cute kids out there playing their best. 
They played a great first ball game!
~
Then, we rushed back home again to get ready for our BBQ! 
TJ's parents, my parents and our great friends, Jonathan & Brittany and their 3 cute kids joined us for a sunny afternoon BBQ. It was so great having everyone over to celebrate our big day. We shared tasty food, great conversations and lots of laughs, with little boys running all over the place! 
We also decided to share Nathan's birthday cake at the BBQ.
He had requested a "green cake with Mario and Luigi."
And he wanted it "home made."
So this is what I came up with. haha
Not the prettiest thing. I couldn't find any Super Mario Bros. cake toppers,
and didn't have time to draw their pictures with colored frostings,
so I finally settled for Super Mario Bros. fruit snacks placed on the cake. haha
Nathan was happy with it, though, so it all worked out. 
We had a great BBQ and then quickly got ready for the grand finale of the day....
~
TREVER'S BAPTISM!
I'm so grateful for TJ and his worthiness to baptize our son.
We've been looking forward to this day for a long time and were so happy for Trever's decision to be baptized. He had talked about it and prayed about it for months! 
When I was in Young Women's, my mom was once asked when she had been the most proud of me and she said it was when I got baptized. And on Trever's baptism day, I knew why she had said that, feeling the same way for my own child. I've never been more proud of him and felt so blessed by his example of obedience, his love for our Savior, and his testimony of the Gospel. I can't fully explain how special this moment was, and how much it made me look forward to a future full of more moments like this.  
And I feel so blessed that we were able to share this special moment with our parents, my grandma, my Aunt Krista (who so kindly offered to take our photos, as well), and our closest friends. 


Trever with our closest friends, the Knight's. 
HOORAY!
Such a Very Special Day!

No comments: