Hello!
The boys and I have been busy with school and homework, while TJ has been busy with work and being "on call" every weekend for a couple of months now. So, we haven't done anything too eventful, just the same old routine, which often leaves me with writer's block. But I want to keep up with more regular blog posts again, so I just decided to share some of our "ordinary stuff" on today's post.
~
NATHAN:
I took this picture for our Ward Primary's project with the little green "CTR Samuel" boy cutout, (with whom the primary children take turns bringing home and "choosing the right.") Then the children bring him back to church and share what they did with "Samuel" to choose the right that week. Anyway, Nathan had another turn with him, so this is a picture I happened to take for it.
Our crazy Nathan is growing into such a good little guy!
After several reminders from Trever, I put up another one of our family "star charts" recently, and Nathan is always trying to be extra good so he can earn more stars. A while ago, I suggested that the boys show a little more respect for adults by saying "Ma'am" and "Sir." Well, Nathan took it to heart, and is always responding, "Yes, Ma'am," now. It's so cute! So he earns stars for that, as well as picking up his toys, sharing with his brother, and so on. His competitive side keeps him always looking for one more good deed to do, so he can always stay at least one star ahead of Trever. haha. Nathan gets home from school before Trever so he tries to earn a bunch more stars than his big brother. Then Trever gets home and sees how far Nathan is ahead, gets a little mad, then tries to out-do his brother. haha! It's great!
(I LOVE our star chart!)
This is Nathan trying to look "cool." haha. He's been doing great at school. Trever has taken him under his wing during the school's recess time and always lets Nathan join him and his big 2nd grader buddies, playing football. Nathan is also doing well in the classroom without his brother. His fantastic Kindergarten teacher makes sure the classroom stays quiet enough for Nathan to hear her lessons and he comes home every day, eager to tell me what he learned. He gets up every morning so excited to go to school, which brings me so much comfort!
~
We've taken Nathan to a couple of appointments with his new audiologist and Ear, Nose & Throat ("ENT") Doctor. Now that he's five years old, he's old enough to get the implant surgery for his hearing aid, so he won't have to wear the headband with it, anymore. After the surgery, he'll be able to clip the hearing aid right against his head, behind his ear. Having the hearing aid implant will not only eliminate the inconvenient headband, but will also improve his hearing by allowing the sound waves more direct contact to his head & inner ear. I have to confess, though, the thought of drilling a hole into my baby's head is a bit terrifying. But TJ continues to reassure me that the process will be very safely executed.
We took Nathan in for his CT scan (an Xray of his skull) this past week (which he was so brave and cooperative for!) and we will meet with his audiologist and ENT again this coming week to go over the results of the CT and plan a time for the implant surgery. I'll keep you posted.
~
TREVER:
And here's Trever trying to look "cool." haha. He had just finished reading that chapter book and was so proud of himself (as was I!). He is an excellent reader, and does so well in school. His main complaint this year is having more homework than last, but I keep telling him that he's going to be in school for a very long time, so he better get used to it. I mean, look at his dad! haha. TJ will turn 31 this year and he still has to study for tests...he took one just yesterday! But despite the extra homework, Trever still wakes up eager for another day of school. He loves science and gets so excited over all the projects they get to do. And he loves playing football at reccess and letting Nathan come play with them. I couldn't ask for a better big brother for Nathan and for the rest of our future babies.
And this is Trever's recent picture with CTR Samuel. We try to read the scriptures as a family every evening, but if TJ and I ever forget (er, or are too tired), Trever is the first to remind us and make sure we read. He's such a great example to us, his little brother and his friends at school. I heard this quote recently that goes something like this:
"You'll learn more from your own children than you ever learned from your parents."
And I'm learning that for myself. My parents are amazing and have taught me so very much from their examples and teachings at home, but it really hits me hard when my own children teach me something in their innocent and pure ways.
~
Of course....
They're so stinkin' funny and crazy and full of surprises, too!
I like to highlight the good in my little guys but we have our wild days, too. haha!
And I wouldn't have it any other way!
~
As for baby #3, "he or she" is growing and moving so much! I love feeling that little person wiggling in my womb! It makes me so excited to meet our next little blessing from heaven! In eight days, I'll get the much anticipated ultrasound, which will reveal the gender of our new baby. I can't wait to find out, so I can start planning further for our newest addition. We've moved so many times since Nathan was born, always getting rid of everything but the essentials, that our baby items have been reduced to only the box of blankets given to my sons at their births, and an even smaller box with a few sentimental pieces of clothing from each of my boys' baby days. That's it! So I'm eager to start building up our baby necessities again, but am waiting to learn the gender before I get started.
~
So that's our ordinary stuff, lately.
Nothing too adventurous. But wonderful in it's own simple way.
~





1 comment:
Shilowe!!! Oh my gosh, congratulations on your pregnancy! I am so so excited for you and the rest of your family:) Your boys are going to be fantastic big brothers. I have been catching up on your blog and I just can't get over how big Trever and Nathan are...especially Nathan. I just about died when i read that he is in kindergarten now. How is that possible?? It seems like just yesterday he was a few months old and we were taking walks with him through Pennypack! Remember?! I love your beautiful family. It sounds like you are all doing really well. Miss you guys and I can't wait to hear the sex of your baby. So exciting!! Xxxx
Post a Comment