Friday, September 28, 2012

IT's A....

BOY!!!!!
Another boy will be joining our family, come next January!
My ultrasound was last Monday and I was so anxious the entire day. I was also hoping TJ could join the boys and I that afternoon for the big moment. But unfortunately, he wasn't able to get out of work. So I took the boys alone, eager to share the exciting moment with them. I thought they'd be so fascinated and interested in watching their baby brother through the ultrasound. Well, that lasted all but a few minutes. Our ultrasound technician was very thorough, which I was grateful for, but the appointment lasted a whole lot longer than my busy boys could patiently wait. At first, the baby wasn't turned in a direction that she could determine the gender, so she over-viewed the rest of his anatomy, while Trever and Nathan got more antsy by the minute, and I tried to calmly keep their attention, while laying on my back---not very effective. But, at last, the baby turned and she announced, "It's a boy!" hahaha! I just smiled. Of course it is, I thought, watching my boys bouncing out of their seats, blurting out all sorts of embarrassing things, and completely out  of my control. "YAY!" my boys exploded, at the favorable result. Then, once again, they lost interest in the ultrasound, while the technician continued to check the rest of the baby for proper development, and I continued to remind the boys to stay in their seats and not say this or that. hahaha. I laughed all the way out to the car, all the way home, and for the rest of the evening. What am I going to do with another busy boy?!
~
The next morning, the shock had worn off, and I was actually really excited about our next arrival. I kept picturing his cute little face and hands and tiny healthy body from the ultrasound viewing, and butterflies kept growing in my belly. I also kept picturing my two big boys when they were newborn babies and how much I miss those tiny bundles of joy that just keep growing. I miss those babies so much and have known that I definitely want another son to relive those tender moments that I had enjoyed with each of them. So, although I had thought it would be fun to mix things up for a while and have a daughter next, I grow more and more excited over the opportunity to share the special moments of a newborn son with my two dear boys that are growing into such amazing little people. They are so excited to have a brother, too, and I know they'll take him under their wings and be fantastic big brothers to him.  
Trever reads to Nathan all of the time and I had to capture this recent moment on camera, because seeing them sitting together, reading a book, filled me with such excitement for our next son. He is so lucky to have two wonderful brothers waiting for him, and I know they're lucky to have another sweet spirit from heaven to join them in our family. We prayed for this baby for so long and I know he is a blessing to our home already. I get more and more excited each day, just thinking about him! TJ and I have even agreed upon a name for our new son: Isaiah Ray Martin. Giving him a name makes him feel that much closer to soon joining our family. And so does shopping for him...haha. Every time I go to the store now, I pick up a couple of things for him and it makes me so happy and eager to hold him in my arms.  
~
Also happening....
Nathan got a new hearing aid band. His other two were very much in need of replacement, so we let him choose a new headband and he chose black. Not my first choice, but that's what he wanted and I have to admit, it looks very nice. He'll wear his new headband for the next six months or so, although his implant surgery will take place sooner than that. The implant will have to heal for several months before he can use it, so he'll continue to wear the headband until then. Last week, we met with his ENT, who went over the results of his CT scan and confirmed that Nathan is ready for the surgery, but we are still waiting for insurance to approve the operation and then we'll be able to schedule the surgery. Last night I layed awake worrying about all the "what ifs" that may or may not even be possible to occur, and it made me sick. I keep praying that we'll know this is the right time to have the implant surgery done and I just hope everything will be okay. Nathan is such a gift to our family and I hope his little body is ready for this next step in his "hearing journey." 
~
On a brighter note, that leaf collage is one of the many activities I've been busying the boys with over the past couple of weeks. I had decided they were spending too much time in front of the T.V., so a couple weeks ago, TJ and I made a new rule: No TV during the week, only on the weekends. I was prepared for the worst: a lot of tantrums, a lot of begging, and a lot of complaining. Instead, I got one outburst of tears on the day of the announcement and two very happy weeks after that! It has been so great! I made a long list of activities for the boys to choose from, each day after school and they have actually taken the change with great acceptance and enjoyment. The biggest change I've noticed has been their attitudes. They are so much more positive and willing to do their homework, obey what they're told, and play so well together. I wish I would have started this rule a long time ago. Our home has taken on a whole new spirit and it is just so wonderful!
~

No comments: