Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May Days

May has been a busy month, but a fun busy month. With Mother's Day, Trever's Birthday, School's Last Days, and my Parents' Recent Visit, I haven't had much time left for blogging. But I finally got my photos downloaded and I'm ready to share this month's activities with you. But first, I have to give you the rest of the "Forgetful Tooth fairy" story. 
Trever had a busy year of losing teeth...7 in one school year! By that last tooth, I think the Tooth fairy was just plain worn out! In my last blog, I shared Trever's daily responses to our forgetful Tooth fairy:
Trever's Forgetful Tooth Fairy Trouble:
Morning #1: "Mom! The Tooth Fairy forgot to get my tooth!"
Morning #2: "What?! The Tooth Fairy is an idiot!!"
Morning #3: "Stupid Tooth Fairy!!!"
I was starting to feel really sorry for my frustrated little boy and worried if that Tooth fairy would ever remember to find that tooth. So I suggested that he should make a sign and tape it to his bedroom door....
So he did, taping it near the very bottom of the door (since Tooth fairy's are so tiny, of course.)
It reads: "Come in here tooth fairy. You will get my tooth. -Trever" with a big tooth-shaped outline around his message. Well, that did the trick! Morning #4, I heard Trever exclaim: "FINALLY!"
We were all so glad (and relieved) that our Tooth fairy finally found that seventh tooth! (haha)
~
Next came Mother's Day.....
A week before Mother's Day, the boys started bringing home little handmade Mother's Day gifts from school.  
Nathan decorated this lovely bag, containing a plant, which he had planted from seed, and included a nice little Mother's Day questionnaire, which read:
My mother's name is: "Shilo"we
My mother is: "as old as my dad" years old.
My mother's favorite food is: "the food that my dad brings home from work."
My mother likes to: "play with me!"
~
haha....I thought it was pretty cute.
~
Trever brought home a pretty little card he had made: 
along with another hand-planted plant for me, a little bottle of lotion, and this cute poem: 
"The Important Thing"
"The Important thing about my mom is that she loves me.
She lets me clean up and get allowance.
She makes me a birthday cake. She makes me brownies.
She takes me to Chuck E. Cheese.
She lets me play video games for one hour.
But the most important thing about my mom is that she loves me.
Trever---First Grade 2012"

awww.....  
Mother's Day was a wonderful reminder to me of how much I love being a mom. I love my two sweet boys and my dear husband who made it a point to make Mother's Day special for me, cooking all three meals and making sure I was having a wonderful day. And I did!
~
And look: 
My little Mother's Day plants are still growing strong!
Nathan gave me the two tall mystery plants, and Trever gave me the cute little Marigold sprouts.
They make me so happy, just watching them grow!
~
Next up:
Trever's 7th Birthday!!! Yay! 
He'd been counting down to his birthday for weeks! He was SO excited to turn seven, since he'd watch all of his classmates turn seven throughout the school year. Finally the big day arrived, and he was up and at 'em at six in the morning, ready to start celebrating his special day! 
He got his long-hoped-for "Peyton Manning" jersey, 
his latest craze, "Angry Birds" collector's toy, 
a fun new Nerf gun from his Martin grandparents,
birthday money from his Ploc-her grandparents,
and a few other fun things (including new undies...haha...he needed them.)
~
After I sent him to school, I was busy building my & Trever's "dream cupcakes..." 
I found this recipe over a year ago and we'd been planning to make them ever since.
I put a little chocolate covered caramel in the bottom of each empty ice cream cone,
then topped it with a mini-cupcake, baked in a mini-muffin pan,
then topped each one with baker's frosting, piped in an ice-cream shape,
topped with sprinkles! Whew!
They took a long time to assemble, but I got them done, just in time to bring them to Trever's class and share with his friends. 

They were pretty excited, so it was all worth it! 
I don't think Trever could have been any more excited, either....haha!
~
After school, we finished his birthday celebration with nothing other than pizza and a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting---Trever's favorites! 

Nathan, of course, was pretty discouraged that Trever was getting so much special treatment. 
So, we re-lighted the cake and let Nathan take a turn. haha. Silly boy. 
All-in-all it was a pretty fun day. Trever's favorite part was that he had finally turned seven.
Since his birthday was on a school day, we waited until the weekend to finish his birthday celebration by taking him to his favorite place on earth: Chuck E. Cheese's!!! The boys had a blast!
~
The next weekend, my parents came to visit!
It was so nice spending time with them. I get to missing them so much and having them over for a few days, is always such a special occasion. 
Saturday was an especially beautiful day, so we tried a new hike.
We went to Horsetooth Mountain Park and hiked the Waterfall Trail---about 2 or so miles of a medium-difficulty terrain--enough to keep the boys challenged & interested and send them home tired and calm. 
Nathan picked some wildflowers for me---oops. 
The boys were happy to have Maunya & Grandpa Chad along for the hike. 
We got way up into the mountains, overlooking green valleys with little streams running through, wildflowers in every color, butterflies of every design, and birds of every song! It was magical!
(These pictures don't do it justice!) 
Taking a little rest before the main attraction... 
hahaha! And there it is! The waterfall that we had hiked all that way to find.
(As the park ranger had warned us: it wasn't much of a Kodak moment. haha) 
But we were still proud to have reached our destination! 
Nathan was glad to take a load off. 
But then we found a cool cave, tucked back against the cliff.
It didn't go in very deep, but it was still a cool retreat on the hot sunny day. 
A pretty pigeon had made it's home there, too. Can you see it? It had a tiny little baby peeking above the nest...see the little yellow head? That was the closest photo I could get, but we sure enjoyed seeing the cute little bird family. 
Trever even got a picture of the birds with his hand-me-down phone.
He took pictures all along the hike, too. 
Nathan just busied himself with getting all dirty. haha 
After a while, we took one last look at the pitiful little waterfall, and made our way back to our cars. 
I was glad I'd taken most of the pictures on the way to the waterfall, since the hike back proved to be more tiring for the boys than entertaining. 
Nathan even convinced my dad to give him a lift on the way back.
~
We had such a wonderful time with my parents, wishing it could have lasted longer, but cherishing the moments shared. Thanks for coming Mom & Dad, We love you!

No comments: