On December 25, at 1:00 a.m., Trever awoke and found the gifts beneath the tree had arrived. Santa had already come! T.J. and I weren't quite sure what to do, but our first idea was to tell Trever to go back to bed till morning...not quite sure if he'd be able to fall back to sleep...
And it worked! He and Nathan arose at 6:45 a.m., ready to open gifts. TJ and I were much more eager to arise, the second time around. Both boys were SO excited---as this photo clearly shows.
Trever was so excited to see what Santa brought him and kept exclaiming such things as: "This is the best day ever!" "These are the best gifts ever!" & "Happy Birthday, Jesus!!!"
Nathan was equally excited. Ever since Halloween, he's got it in his head that holidays are costume events. So, he asked Santa for an Iron Man costume, which he immediately put on as soon as the gift was opened.
Trever has grown very interested in Transformers this year, and decided he couldn't live without a "Bumblebee" Transformer. I couldn't wait to see his face when he opened the gift, but it wasn't so much fun trying to help him transform it....those things are much more difficult than I expected!
Nathan also asked for a train like the one on Polar Express (his favorite movie...of which I can now quote from start to finish.) Santa happened to bring a very awesome wooden replica from the movie, complete with a real sleigh bell! Nathan was in Polar Express heaven!
TJ and I decided, however, that our little Lucy was happiest of all....She got a new dog bed from Santa and spent the whole day enjoying it.....






3 comments:
You have a dog? I'm so jealous. Looks like Santa treated your boys quite nicely! Happy New Years.
What a great Christmas! I'm with you on the 1 a.m. wake-up call. It took forever to get our kids to go to bed, but they ended up sleeping until 8 a.m. Doug and I were up and showered before they opened their eyes.
What a wonderful Christmas morning! I love seeing how happy the kids are on Christmas morning too. Oh, and yes, transformers are a HUGE pain to transform. I never can figure them out...hmmm...now that I think about it, neither can Conan! Happy New Years!
Post a Comment