The boys and I decided to kick off the holiday season by building a Gingerbread house.

After making many gingerbread house flops in the past, I decided to take the easy way this year and just get a kit.
~
The boys waited eagerly while I pasted the the walls and roof together with the frosting provided (which, BTW, was amazingly "adhesive".....if I could make frosting like that, my past gingerbread houses might have actually worked!)

And as soon as I got the frosting looking somewhat decent on the outside (not as easy as it looks on the box) the boys dived in, covering the little house with candy from top to bottom. I was actually quite impressed with the boys' self-restraint. They hardly snacked on any of the candy while they worked.

And viola! One holiday Gingerbread house complete! They were pretty proud of themselves! The decorated everything but the little round window above the door---I had the honors of helping Trever with that little feature.
Haha! It looks nothing like the box photo.
But it's a happy little house and it makes me smile every time I look at it.
~
~
Trever made a very informative demonstration movie for you, too:
Let The Holidays Begin!
2 comments:
So smart to go with the kit SHilowe. We usually make ours every year...been a long standing tradition. However, they always fall apart so the last two years we have settled with decorating sugar cookies! LOL The kids love it and they pile tons of candy on them. I love their house. It turned out sooo cute. Hope you guys are doing well. I'm glad Conan has had TJ and Jason to keep him company back there this month. Despite being away from family, I think they are loving watching so many sports, netflix movies, and playing xbox together. They better not enjoy the bachelor life too much! LOL
Be sure to check out our "gingerbread house flop" post we made inspired by this post of yours! It turned out pretty funny!
Post a Comment