Sunday, January 24, 2010

Simple Things

Well, we haven't been up to much.
Nothing too eventful.
January is such an odd month, to me: the holidays are over, all excitement has ended, and it's much too cold to be out and about.
But I enjoy the quietness of January...spending most days in our warm home, enjoying each other's company and the simple things in life.
Trever and I continue to hold his preschool time each day and he loves drawing pictures of his favorite action figure: Buzz Lightyear.
He's also been constructing dynamic train track designs as well as strategiz-ing through countless board games.
He is such a smart little guy and he's always so willing to help me out around the house or just tell me how much he loves me.

Nathan, of course, is still practicing his form as an athlete. Being indoors doesn't stop him from playing basketball, soccer, football, baseball, wrestling, racing and such. haha. He's such a cheery little guy with so much love to share. He often stops his games to crawl up on the couch and give me a huge hug and a big wet kiss! But, truth be told--he's actually Daddy's #1 fan.

~

So, until the weather turns warmer, you'll find us at home--dabbling in this project or that, cooking up delicious recipes, reading all sorts of storybooks, pretending to be monsters or cowboys, or just making up silly non-sense jokes and simply being happy to have each other.

3 comments:

Patty Sampson said...

Awe! You are such a cute little family. I love little boys. I am so glad I am blessed to have one. :)

Love the new banner BTW, and I love the way you are emphasizing words in your post. It is so cute!!

I have been using my new stationary already. :) I Love it! Thank you.

The Roses said...

I love your hair did you cut it? January is a hard month for me, too boring with no snow here.

Doug and Mallena said...

Trevor is quite the artist! Thanks for the update on the boys. They are so cute.