My boys are always makin' me laugh....
I'll start with Nathan:
- Nathan is such a busy body that he's always eating on the run--literally. We try to keep him in his seat for dinner, but I usually find myself following him around the room, spooning his supper into his mouth. It's not until bedtime that he finally settles down and fills his belly. For example, last night he repeatedly climbed onto the kitchen counter and selected the following snacks: pretzels, mixed nuts, crackers, an apple and three empty ice cream cones, all of which he downed within a half hour before drifting off to sleep. Sheesh!
- I think Nathan has discovered that his hearing aid can do a magic trick. One morning, I showed Nathan that I was about to put his hearing aid on his head. So, he stood still and waited for me to adjust it. Then, as soon as it was in place, he jumped up, threw his hands in the air, and shouted, "Ta Da!"
- One day, we were pulling into our apt. parking lot and Nathan exclaimed, "Home! Time a watch a footbawl!" He loves watching the Eagles' football games with TJ. He's such a fan, in fact, that the other night he was drifting off to sleep, while cradling his football under his arm, and sleepily whispered, "Ea-go's, Ea-go's, Ea-go's, Touchdown!"
And a few of Trever's most recent remarks:
- Mom: "Reading those Christmas stories really got me in the Christmas Spirit." Trever: "Oh. I'm in the Backyardigans Spirit!"
- One afternoon, Trever and Nathan were running back home after we had checked the mail. I told Trever to be careful not to spill the opened Lunchable that he had insisted on bringing with us. But, of course, he tripped and out flew the cookies and cheese--to which, Trever quickly held up his Lunchable and said, "It's okay, Mom, the crackers are still safe and sound!"
- Trever, during supper one night: "Hey, Dad. Have you ever thrown a banana peel on the ground and then someone was walking and his eyes were closed and he was singing a song but he was whistling the song and he didn't see the banana peel and he slipped on the banana peel?!! ahahaha!"
2 comments:
Too cute for words! I love it when you add quotes from your boys.
Come teach my kids how to be cute again. They just fight a lot now. They used to say cute stuff like that, but now they are gettin' too big for their britches.
Post a Comment