Friday, September 11, 2009

LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Labor Day weekend was especially fun for our family due to the much anticipated arrival of TJ's wonderful parents. Our boys kept them busy from the moment they got here....our first stop: Chuck E. Cheese's!






Then, on Saturday, we went "Down'th'Shore" to a busy day in Belmar:


It was a beautiful, warm sunny day and the beach was packed. But it was well worth the trip. We all had a fantastic time.

Nathan was determined to catch a seagull:






I wasn't sure if there was any place that our boys enjoyed better than at the beach, but then our weekend just got more and more fun.....

On another fine day, we went to the Philadelphia Zoo:



We hadn't been to the zoo for nearly a year, so the boys couldn't wait to see the animals, and act like them, too!



From holding hands with statues to ducking down in caves, the zoo was full of fun and entertainment for us all.
The next day, we visited the Strasburg Railroad in Ronks, PA.



A ride on this old-fashioned steam engine was the highlight of our boys' weekend. The train took us through the pastoral fields of the Amish country---which happens to be one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. It was a very memorable experience.


Trever and Nathan also had a great time driving these "Cranky Cars" along a little track:



We were so glad that TJ and his parents were able to find a weekend that we could all spend time together. We made many wonderful memories and the boys grew closer to their dear, kind grandparents. Thanks for coming, Grandma & Grandpa Martin! We miss you and love you!

4 comments:

Sierra Parke said...

You guys really had one fun packed weekend! I bet that was great getting to spend time with family again.

Patty Sampson said...

Wow! I have to make a list of all those places. I am dying to see what Carter thinks of them. We should do that circuit in a year with Sierra and company. That will be long enough for Asher and Carter to enjoy it, and for the boys to feel like it is all fresh and new again. :)

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!!!!!!

Doug and Mallena said...

I don't know how you find out about all these great places, but I'm jealous. I think we'll have to come see YOU just so we can go to all the great places you find.