Thursday, January 23, 2014

Our Christmas & More!

 Sorry!!!
I feel so bad that it has taken me this long to get our Christmas pictures posted! I've just been so busy with my church calling, chasing Isaiah around, the boys' school stuff, and even some early spring cleaning! But here they finally are! We had an absolutely wonderful Christmas and TJ and I didn't even have to wake up until 6am! Compared to our past several Christmases, that's awesome! haha. TJ was very firm in telling the boys, "We are not opening presents until 6am." So, when they both awoke at 4am, they didn't make a peep. They would look at their wrapped gifts & stockings, then go to their room and whisper to each other, then go back out for a while. Then, at 5:59am, they knocked on our bedroom door and asked us if they could open their presents. WOW! I was quite impressed by their self restraint! So, Christmas began at 6am. And everyone had a very happy morning! 







We had such a fun morning! And then we spent the rest of the day in our pajamas, just relaxing and letting the kids play with their new toys. It was a perfect day.
~
But wait! There's more...
 In December, TJ coached Nathan's basketball team, "The Thunder."
(Trever was his "assistant coach.")
This was Nathan's first time to play on a community basketball team & he loved it! 
He is such a great little athlete! Look at him spin that ball on his finger! He even did that during one of his games, after dribbling the ball behind and between his legs! haha...He was a lot of fun to watch!!!
~
And Isaiah. Oh, Isaiah....
From pulling everything out of the cupboards....
and eating the Gingerbread ornaments right off the tree....
 to just making us laugh....
he's already become SUCH a handful,
but he makes us SO HAPPY, too!
Isaiah made 2013 such a wonderful year for us!
~
Oh, and guess what Trever did?
 Well, TJ got the boys bow and arrow sets for Christmas...
And, the day after Christmas, Trever went out on his own to shoot his bow and arrow. He was out for a while and when he came back in, he had a worried look on his face and said he had lost one of his arrows. So Nathan and I went out to help him look for it and then Nathan wanted to shoot his bow and arrow too. So I set up that box in the above picture and they shot at it for a while. Well, I was taking down Christmas decorations inside and needed a box from the garage. So, I went out to get it, and found a bunch of glass in the garage, looked up, and saw the window was broken. Hmm....
~
By now, Trever & Nathan had gone back inside the house. So I went in, and asked Trever, "Did you know the garage window is broken?"
Trever: "What?"
Me: "How did the window break?"
Trever: "I don't know..."
Me: "Did you break the window?"
Trever: "I'm not sure..."
Me: "Is that when you lost your arrow?"
Trever: "I don't know..."
Me: "Trever! You broke the window!"
Trever: "I'm sorry!!! It was an accident!!!"
~
Kids! hahaha!
Luckily, the window he broke was only an ordinary sheet of glass that cost $5 to replace, which Trever very responsibly paid for without complaint. And luckily, my parents came to visit us that weekend, so my Dad repaired the window for us. Thank you, Dad!
~
Oh, and guess where we went?!
 Chuck E Cheese's!!! Yay!
We used to go there all of the time, but since the boys have gotten older, they haven't asked to go there as often. Well, our good friends, the Knight family, invited us to join them, and, since Isaiah is older now, we were eager to accept their invitation.
 The Knights have two boys (a few years younger than our boys) and a little girl who is only 2 days younger than Isaiah. We always joke that she's his girlfriend. haha.
 Aren't they so cute?!
 Trever & Nathan had a blast, reliving all of their toddler experiences.
 It was so fun for TJ and I to watch Isaiah have all the fun that our older boys used to have there when they were his size.
We had a BLAST!!!
~
Now that January is in full swing, (well, nearly over, now!) we're back to our regular routine of school, homework, scouts, basketball and church. Most days are pretty ordinary, but Nathan had a recent change....
 He got a haircut!!!
We didn't actually plan on it, I was just going to trim it a little, but I was trying to trim it with scissors, and you know how it doesn't look quite even, so you have to keep cutting a little more and a little more....yah, well, we ended up using the clippers and really shortening it up. He was NOT happy about it, at first. I felt really bad. But the next day was church and everyone was so excited about his new haircut, giving him tons of compliments, so he was happier after that. He still wants to grow it back, though, but he told me: "this time I'll keep it short on the sides and top and then I want it to be really long in the back, like to my shoulders...or maybe down to my butt..." Oh dear! A mullet?! hahaha, not under my roof! haha!
 Trever got a haircut, too, but that's pretty routine for him.
 And I still haven't got the guts to cut Isaiah's hair. It's long enough now, that it could use a trim, but you know how kids look so much older after they get a haircut, well, I'm not ready for my baby to look older. Or be older! Today, I realized that he'll turn one year old, next week, and I just about cried! Babies grow too fast! Anyway, we are loving him to bits, and loving our big boys tons, too! We hope you are all doing great! We love you all & miss you, too!
xoxo, Shilowe

No comments: