I feel like I'm taking "baby steps" back into blogging, lately.
I have gotten better about taking pictures of our newest addition,
but now I'm trying to find the time to actually post them to my blog.
I'll get there.
Anyhow, Isaiah will turn 6 weeks old on Thursday and life with our newest little guy is becoming more routine. He still wakes up at least three times during the night, but our daily pattern is becoming more natural to us all. He's definitely made his place in the family and we feel so "grown up" to have a third child now. haha
Isaiah is growing up so fast, too! At his latest appointment he weighed 10 lbs. 12 oz. and measured 21.5 inches long. So, before he gets any bigger, I decided I better get his newborn photos posted (as promised.) These are the ones taken by my photographer friend when he was 9 days old and still so tiny. ~sigh~
Enjoy!
~sigh~
Love that baby.
~
He's grown and changed a lot since then.
Inspired by my photographer friend, I tried to take some photos of my own,
when he turned 4 weeks old.
His adorableness makes up for my amateur-ness. haha
Isn't he so sweet?!
~
Trever and Nathan are growing up, too!
Trever just finished his second year of Community Basketball.
TJ was actually able to coach his team this year, with Nathan as his "assistant coach,"
and they all had a fantastic season together.
(I actually caught a shot of Trever with the ball. He was one of the best players on the team!)
Nathan took his assistant coach position pretty seriously,
putting on a tough face for the photo.
Isn't he such a handsome boy?!
TJ is on the far left of the group photo, with Trever by his side on the front row.
(TJ had a couple parent volunteers to help out, too, which was nice.)
It was so fun to watch TJ coach and Trever play, with Nathan supporting them both.
Trever has improved SO much since last year,
and a lot had to do with TJ's enthusiasm and encouragement.
I'm so grateful the boys have such a great dad!
~
Another exciting milestone was Nathan's first lost tooth!
He's wanted to lose a tooth for years now,
watching Trever lose teeth and get rewarded from the tooth fairy, and all.
Then, finally, his day came! Quite suddenly, actually.
Trever and Nathan were wrestling one afternoon, when Nathan took a blow to the mouth. Then he wiggled the bleeding tooth, to realize it was loose. He was so excited! And Trever kept saying, "Aren't you glad I hit you in the mouth?!" Nathan continued to wiggle it for the rest of the day and into the next. Then, the next afternoon, he was showing me how loose it was and I told him not to try pulling it out until I got my camera to take a picture of it still in his mouth. But, at that moment, he plucked it out of his mouth and said, "It just came out!" I was so shocked at how easily it slipped out that I burst out laughing! And that was that.
Nathan hurried to put his new tooth under his pillow.
But the next morning, while hurrying to get ready for school,
I grinned at Nathan's adorable new smile, and suddenly
realized that the tooth fairy hadn't come yet! Oh no!
As soon as he left the room, I rushed to "find the tooth fairy,"
and resolved the predicament, just in time.
Then, Nathan discovered his $1 reward and shouted for joy!
~whew!~
(That was a close one!)
Trever was so proud of him!
But no one was prouder than himself!
Isn't that the cutest smile ever?!
~
Another grown up milestone:
bunk beds for the big brothers!
Since Isaiah has taken over Trever's room,
TJ and I moved the big boys into the same room and recently got them their own bunk beds!
They were so excited when we showed them their new beds,
but as they over-cautiously climbed the ladder to the upper bunk,
and Trever commented "This doesn't look very safe,"
I realized that my over-protective nature had rubbed off on them. Oops!
After TJ and I assured them that the bed would be as safe as they were careful,
and they spent some time on their own "testing the waters,"
they gained some experience and realized that it wasn't as scary as they thought.
In no time, they were climbing up the ladder and hanging off the bed rails like monkeys in a tree. haha.
Trever awoke the next morning so proud of himself for staying up there all night without falling off. hahaha...
They're still so stinkin' cute!
They each wanted Isaiah to try out their new bunk,
but of course TJ and I were standing close by.
~
Now, on to the last of our recent milestones:
Isaiah's blessing day.
TJ blessed him at church last Sunday,
giving him a beautiful blessing.
Did I mention what a great dad he is?!
Trever and Nathan were so excited about their baby brother's blessing day, too!
And that's life with our little guys.
Loving every moment!














1 comment:
Isaiah is precious! Congrats.
"Aren't you glad I hit you in the mouth" oh my gosh I can't stop laughing. Kids are hilarious.
We got our girls bunk beds as well and they love them. Glad you guys are doing well.
xoxo
Post a Comment