Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween!

Hello! October was full of fun Halloween festivities for our family. From pumpkin patches, to class parties, carving Jack-o-lanterns, and three--yes, three!--rounds of trick or treating this year!
Round 1: Trick or Treating to the shops on Main Street on the Saturday before Halloween,
Round 2: Trunk or Treating with our ward at the church,
Round 3: Halloween night of Trick or Treating!
By Halloween night, Trever said to me, "This is crazy, but for some reason, I'm not that excited to go trick or treating tonight." hahaha.... "Probably because you've already gone twice!" I replied. But both boys still had an extra fun Halloween night, even after they were scared out of their wits by a local spook alley!.......
Here are a few photos to share our Halloween highlights:
Nathan's class field trip to the pumpkin patch.

Carving Pumpkins!

Trever drew his jack-o-lantern all by himself & Mom cut it out.

Nathan got help from Dad on his pumpkin.

Nothing is more exciting than getting a package full of treats in the mail!
(Thanks Grandma & Grandpa Martin!)

All dressed up for the Ward Halloween Party & Trunk or Treat Night.

Ready for more candy on Halloween evening.

The one and only vampire Rockies player!

The one of many Peyton Manning quarterbacks this year!

Leaving the house, to join friends for Trick or Treating in their neighborhood.
We left a bag of candy & a sign on the door, which read:
"Happy Halloween! Please take a treat or two, and have a safe night!"
We weren't sure what we'd find when we came home,
but were pleasantly surprised to discover the bag only half empty,
and our pumpkins still in one piece!

These are our fun friends we joined for Halloween night.

Trever with his good buddy Andrew.
(& Nathan trying to sneek into the picture. haha)

Smiling again....after screaming and crying their way through a neighborhood spook alley that TJ took them through. I tried to catch up, and stop them, but I didn't make it and TJ took them through the whole thing!
I could hear the boys screaming as I made my way inside. But I didn't catch up to them until they were outside again and crying their eyes out. TJ was laughing and I was lecturing him. Then we both calmed down the boys by explaining that it was all pretend and there was nothing to fear. I couldn't believe TJ had taken them through that spook alley! (It was really spooky!) But the next day, Trever (who is easily scared) told me, "I'm not scared about that spook alley. I think it was really smart, cuz they made it look so scary. But I know it was pretend." I was so relieved & proud of him. And Nathan (who loves scary stuff) has been a lot more humble in realizing that scary stuff isn't always the best stuff to seek. So, thanks to TJ, Trever got braver and Nathan got wiser. I would have never guessed, but it happened to be a good lesson to both boys.

And then the night continued, with plenty more doors to knock on and treats to receive.
~
October ended on a sweet note, indeed!

No comments: